Midwest Express

Musings, rants, and observations from atop my recycled soap box.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Genesis

New to this. I've been writing my whole life, even before I could write, composing little stories in my head I planned to remember and write down once I learned how. I've keep a journal for 22 years, but haven't been able to sit down to write in it recently. In fact, I haven't been able to sit still, much less write. So since I spend so much time in front of my computer anyway, I thought this might be the way to go. I can't figure anything out without writing it down, and so this last year of limited writing has been rather foggish, and I'm hoping this will help me shrug off the greasy film that's been clouding my vision. So hello.

Some things about me:
1. Not a very strong speller. Am deeply in love with spell check.
2. Middle child. You may sense the resulting bitterness and despair in my writing.
3. Raised Catholic. Again with the bitterness and despair I mentioned earlier.
4. Living in a certain midwestern state where evolution is a nice little theory in principle, having grown up in another, mitten-shaped midwestern state with a large and lovely campground called the Upper Peninsula.
5. Didn't know about chiggers until I moved to my current state - not a real big fan of the chigger. Pretty sure chiggers are the root of all midwestern narrow-mindedness, as it's hard to think clearly when something's burrowing it's maddeningly itchy self into your private folds.

That'll do for now. Don't want to show all my cards at once, you know.

2 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Pocket Sized said...

You totally friggin' rock.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Rob said...

awesome.

check we me sometime about how to post a syndication link so people can get notified automatically when you add new stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home